Property Podcast: Stephen Fear shares insights from five decades in business
Stephen Fear shares insights in The Edozo Property Podcast, posted on 13th October 2021.
The Edozo Property Podcast
E3: Stephen Fear Imparts Wisdom From Over 5 Decades In Property Development & Investment
This episode is filled with nuggets of wisdom from a true legend of the property industry. Stephen Fear is a British Entrepreneur, Businessman, Philanthropist and Author with 50 years international business experience. Today he has an established property empire and interests in a number of industries, including green technology, hotels, residential care and manufacturing. He is the Chairman & Founder of The Fear Group, which has interests in strategic land promotion, international property development and investment
Stephens story is fascinating. He went into business at the age of 15 after reading an article in the Financial Times that would affect the way industrial ovens were cleaned. He used a red phone-box on the council estate where he grew up and persuaded an American firm to send him its product for him to sell in the UK. Stephen later sold this business for £100,000 and invested the money in property, which was to be the start of his property empire and the birth of the nickname “The Phonebox Millionaire”.
Anyone interested in property and business will find Stephens story and approach to life inspiring. Topics include:
- The importance of networking and physically looking at sites
- His unique research team that find land and other business opportunities
- Taking a long term view
- The biggest trends & opportunities in UK property
- His conversation over lunch with the late Tony Pidgely CBE of Berkeley Group
- Key lessons for young people in the industry
- How to introduce properties to Stephen and his son Leon