Celebrating Online Excellence: The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards, supported by the mission™
The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards are now open for entries, encouraging businesses, large and small, to put their websites to the test. Continuing its crusade to get websites to raise the bar, the Awards seek entries that are innovative, disruptive or simply plain useful. Since the Awards’ inception in 2007, the programme attracts entries from both established brands and newcomers. The Awards have been supported by celebrity entrepreneurs including TV presenter Sarah Beeny, Reshma Sohoni of Seedcamp, Kate Russell of BBC Click, Alex Chesterman of Zoopla, Emma Jones of Enterprise Nation.
In 2015, Nutmeg.com won the top prize, chosen for its ‘consistency on all levels as well as being a game changer in the world of personal investment.’ Co-founder of Nutmeg, Nick Hungerford commented, “It’s wonderful to be recognised for all the hard work you put in, but especially so when it’s an award that spans all categories and genres, not just the finance industry, like The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Award. It’s an honour to be the 2014 winner and a fantastic achievement by my diligent and creative team at Nutmeg who constantly push the boundaries to deliver a world-class customer experience and bring innovative new ideas to the fore.”
This year’s Awards have several new categories, including Luxury, aimed at premier brands across all sectors, Really Useful, for sites that we can’t live without and People’s Choice, where a site’s fans do the talking by voting for them, as opposed to putting their site forward for scrutiny by the judges.
The distinguished panel of judges includes Justine Roberts, co-founder of Mumsnet, Dr Stephen Fear, often referred to as The Phonebox Millionaire, Lawrence Jones of UKFast, cloud technology business, Alicia Navarro, co-founder of Skimlinks, content monetisation company, John Regan, serial entrepreneur and director of Platform Black and Elizabeth Varley, co-founder of TechHub, technology startup community.
the mission™ is headline sponsor for the Awards this year. David Morgan, Group Chairman of the mission™, said, “Innovation, usability and efficiency are key to proving excellence online. The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards is a hallmark of these assets, showcasing those sites that bring something unique to the industry. We are therefore delighted to sponsor the Awards this year and look forward to seeing what the best in show has to offer in 2015.”
For further information regarding The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards 2015, please contact Arabella Dymoke. Tel: 020 7402 6412, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards 2015 opened for entries on Friday, 3rd July 2015
– The Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards 2015 closes for entries on Wednesday 30th September 2015
– Shortlisted entries will be announced on Tuesday 27th October 2015
– Winners will be announced at The Royal Institution of Great Britain, London, on Monday 16th November 2015.
– the mission™, headline sponsor, is a marketing communications and advertising group with 23 offices across the UK, San Francisco and Asia. the mission™ employs over 850 staff and is listed on AIM (TMMG). The Group specialises in providing national and international clients with award winning marketing, advertising and business communications. Group members include April Six, bigdog, Bray Leino, Proof, RLA, Robson Brown, Solaris, Speed, Splash, Story and ThinkBDW. For more information, visit www.themission.co.uk
– Ask the BOSS, where you can turn to get all your accounting and business questions answered, sponsors the Startups Category. Giving advice and ensuring your business finances are not only up to date but also meaningful. www.ask-the-boss.co.uk
– Business Growth Service, backed by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS), provides expert, tailored advice for growth, export and finance, sponsors the Business Category.www.greatbusiness.gov.uk/businessgrowthservice
– Feefo, the global feedback engine and Google Licensed Content Partner collates ratings and reviews from verified customers. Over 1500 brands use Feefo globally, spanning retail, financial services and travel. Feefo sponsors Excellence in Customer Service Category. www.feefo.com/en/en/
– FUBË Hospitality Ltd, the independent VIP Motorsport hospitality provider based at Silverstone Circuit and Monaco, sponsors the Finance Category. www.fube.co.uk
– The Good Schools Guide, the guide that provides personal, unbiased reviews of the top schools in the UK, sponsors the Education Category. www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk
– The House Directory, the unrivalled online directory featuring over 3700 companies covering all aspects of interior and garden design and decoration, sponsors the Homes & Interiors Category.www.thehousedirectory.com
– Positive Luxury, who since 2011 have been awarding the globally recognised Butterfly Mark to luxury brands that deserve your trust, sponsors the Positive Social & Environmental Impact Category.www.positiveluxury.com
– Rakuten Marketing provides advertisers and marketers with expert technology, clarity and online services for affiliate marketing, retargeting, display, mobile, search marketing, lead generation, omni-channel attribution and automated product feeds. Rakuten Marketing sponsors the Online Shopping Category.www.marketing.rakuten.co.uk
– Streets ISA Chartered Accountants, specialist media and entertainment accountants, with offices in Great Portland St, London and Spinningfields, Manchester, specialises in providing tax advice and financial planning for clients, sponsors the Arts/Culture category. www.streetsmedia.co.uk
The following companies have kindly donated prizes for the winning site.
– A content audit by Blue Glass, an innovative, full service digital marketing agency that is on a mission to change the way companies market themselves online with extraordinary strategies and services powered by the best minds in digital marketing. www.blueglass.co.uk
– One hour cooking class for four people at L’atelier des Chefs, the cooking school in the heart of London.www.atelierdeschefs.co.uk